Did you morning cup of coffee come with a side of sensitivity? What about the last time you tried to share a dessert, were you disturbed by dental discomfort? Sensitivity and discomfort are common warning signs of dental cavities, which happen to be the most common dental problem faced by children and adults alike. In fact, recent studies estimate that over 90 percent of the adults in America will be diagnosed with dental decay. Fortunately, if you are one of the millions affected by cavities, your restorative dentist can help improve your comfort and your smile!
Don’t Ignore Symptoms Like Sensitivity or Discomfort
Teeth are incredibly strong, yet they lack the ability to repair themselves. This is why restorative treatment is necessary when the teeth have become damaged. How do you know if you need restorative treatment?
- Pay attention to changes in your smile. Heightened sensitivity or discomfort could be warnings of damage.
- Discoloration, whether dark lines along crevices of teeth, for instance, or even white patches on the surface of some teeth, is another common indicator of enamel erosion.
Attend Routine Checkups and Cleanings
If you have ever wondered if preventive care is really necessary, or why restorative action is often needed, here are some basic facts explaining the importance of dental care.
- If you have postponed preventive dental care for several months or even years, you are far more likely to struggle with dental problems, like cavities.
- It’s best to schedule checkups and cleanings at least twice a year, to help prevent cavities from forming in the first place.
- If you do suspect you could have a dental problem, schedule a dental visit as soon as possible. Prompt treatment is the best way to avoid the need for extensive restorative measures, such as root canal therapy to address an infection brought about by an untreated dental cavity, rather than a simple dental filling.
Call Our Dental Office in Norridge, IL, Today!
At our office, we believe that every patient deserves our complete and undivided attention every time they visit us. To us, customized dental care is about more than the treatment you receive, it also includes the time we take to get to know you personally. Your smile is unique, as are your dental health concerns, and we’ll strive to create a long-term dental care plan that’s tailored to your needs and goals. To schedule a consultation with Dr. Elizabeth Mischenko, call our dental office in Norridge, IL, today at 708-453-5320. We have flexible office hours, including evenings, and we always have someone available to answer the phone!
A healthy smile can mean improved overall health as well. We understand how your oral health connects to the rest of you, and strive to offer a variety of dental treatments. Working with our team, Dr. Mischenko can help you enjoy a more beautiful and healthy smile. Whether you need preventive, cosmetic, or restorative dentistry, we can offer a conservative and personalized approach to dental care.